Remember The Passport Crisis of 2006 & 2007?
Almost 10 years ago it became a requirement to have a passport. Which lead to a long processing times for passports.
All of the passports from the crisis of 2007 will now be expiring in the next 18 months! And to confound the situation there are some changes with the ability to add visa pages that will force people to apply for passports.
Did you know that 125 million US citizens have passports?
Go find your passports NOW and check the expiration dates.
WHY? Because some countries require passports to be valid for 6 MONTHS beyond their arrival back into the US.
What you need to know:
- Two options will be available: Passports will come with either 28 or 52 pages with no difference in cost. Get the 52 pages. You never know when you will come into some money and fill that passport up!
- The travel industry is back! That means more people are traveling. Hence longer processing times
- Passport cards are wallet-sized passports can only be used for land and sea (NO FLIGHTS!) travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Passport cards are smaller and less expensive. I advise a passport book!
- Passports ages are:
- 16 yrs and older are adults – passport is valid for 10 years
- 15 and under are children – passport is valid for 5 years (yes that includes newborns. If they are breathing they have to be packing a passport!)
Let’s talk money!
- New, replacement or renewal of a passport book: $110 if age 16 and older; $80 if under the age of 16.
- New, replacement or renewal of a passport card: $30 if age 16 and older; $15 if under the age of 16.
- Expedited service (optional): an additional $60.00 per application.
- The acceptance or execution fee of $25 is paid to any U.S. Passport Acceptance Agency
******* This is Government stuff y’all- It can & will change ***************
How to save yourself?
Go & renew or apply for passports now.
Don’t wait until you feel a vacation “itch” coming
The Passport process is not hard. May take a little preparation but it is so worth it!
Do not miss out on your opportunities to see beautiful places because you are afraid of a passport process!
Wishing you 80° & Palm Trees! — Wendi
What are some of your favorite passport stamps? Share them with us!